Outdoor Recreation course Lithgow’s most popular in 2015
Certificate III in Outdoor Recreation remained TAFE Western Lithgow College’s most popular course in 2015, Institute Director Kate Baxter announced today.
Ms Baxter said the course was one of the institute’s most popular because of a growing demand for people interested in developing an exciting career outdoors.
“The stimulating, hands-on outdoor activities involved with the Certificate III Outdoor Recreation are very popular with our students,” Ms Baxter said.
“Bushwalking, canoeing, mountain bike riding, roping, canyoning and cross country skiing are just some of the fun-filled activities available in this course which can lead to entry level employment in Outdoor Adventure Guiding, Outdoor Education or in the Corporate Outdoor Training sector.”
Top 10 TAFE Western courses in Lithgow in 2015:
- Certificate III in Outdoor Recreation;
- Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways;
- Certificate II in Kitchen Operations;
- Certificate III in Engineering Mechanical Trade (Refrigeration and Air Conditioning);
- Certificate II in Animal Studies;
- Certificate I in Engineering;
- Certificate IV in Outdoor Recreation;
- Certificate III in Aged Care;
- Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician;
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care.
Ms Baxter said enrolments for 2016 at TAFE Western are now being accepted and changes to eligibility for Smart and Skilled will make it easier to access courses next year.
“In some instances training will be fee-free,” Ms Baxter said. “Changes to Smart and Skilled will provide easier and more affordable access to quality education and training options for thousands of people in the central west,” she said.
“For school leavers, people considering a new career or those simply needing to brush up on their skills, there’s never been a better time to consider TAFE.”