Cowra’s most popular courses for 2015 announced
TAFE Western Institute Director Kate Baxter has today revealed Certificate I in Access to Work and Training was the most popular course in Cowra in 2015.
Ms Baxter said the course was popular because it helped students develop employability skills to get a job or go on to further training.
“This entry-level course is perfect for people who have experienced barriers or interruptions to education due to cultural or language differences, poor health or isolation,” Ms Baxter said.
“Course offerings are tailored to each students’ individual needs and its popularity in Cowra is because it can help provide positive outcomes for participants, many of whom have never studied before.”
Top 10 TAFE Western courses in Cowra in 2015:
- Certificate I in Access to Work and Training;
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care;
- Certificate II in Business;
- Certificate II in Agriculture;
- Certificate II in Engineering;
- Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways;
- Certificate III in Aged Care;
- Certificate III in Business Administration;
- Certificate III in Catering Operations;
- Certificate III in Health Services Assistance.
Ms Baxter said enrolments for 2016 at TAFE Western are now being accepted and changes to eligibility for Smart and Skilled will make it easier to access courses next year.
“In some instances training will be fee-free,” Ms Baxter said. “Changes to Smart and Skilled will provide easier and more affordable access to quality education and training options for thousands of people in the central west,” she said.
“For school leavers, people considering a new career or those simply needing to brush up on their skills, there’s never been a better time to consider TAFE.”