Business course Forbes’ most popular in 2015
Certificate II in Business was TAFE Western Forbes College’s most popular course in 2015, Institute Director Kate Baxter announced today.
Ms Baxter said the course remained in high demand because it provided education and training suited to a wide range of individuals.
“Across our 24 colleges the Certificate II in Business is very popular because the hands-on learning reflects the needs of a broad range of industries,” Ms Baxter said.
“This course is led by industry experts and often provides students with important skills that can lead to real-life employment outcomes which is very appealing for our students.”
Top 10 TAFE Western courses in Forbes in 2015:
- Certificate II in Business;
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care;
- Certificate II In Animal Studies;
- Certificate II in Information, Digital Media and Technology;
- Certificate II in Engineering;
- Certificate II in Nail Technology;
- Certificate II in Business Administration;
- Certificate II in Aged Care;
- Certificate II in Resources and Infrastructure Preparation;
- Certificate III in Fitness.
Ms Baxter said enrolments for 2016 at TAFE Western are now being accepted and changes to eligibility for Smart and Skilled will make it easier to access courses next year.
“In some instances training will be fee-free,” Ms Baxter said. “Changes to Smart and Skilled will provide easier and more affordable access to quality education and training options for thousands of people in the central west,” she said.
“For school leavers, people considering a new career or those simply needing to brush up on their skills, there’s never been a better time to consider TAFE.”
Smart and Skilled eligibility criteria is available at https://smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au/. Alternatively, visit tafewestern.edu.au or phone 1300 823 393 for information, advice or enrolments.