Automotive course Dubbo’s most popular in 2015
Certificate III in Automotive Vocational Preparation was TAFE Western Dubbo College’s most popular course in 2015, TAFE Western Institute Director Kate Baxter announced today.
Ms Baxter said the course continued to receive high enrolment numbers because it gave participants real-life skills that could translate into successful employment outcomes in the automotive industry.
“The exciting, hands-on work undertaken in all of TAFE Western’s automotive courses are extremely popular with our students and the job-ready skills they learn while at TAFE Western are also in demand with potential employers,” Ms Baxter said.
Top 10 TAFE Western courses in Dubbo in 2015:
- Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation;
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care;
- Certificate I in Aboriginal Language;
- Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle;
- Certificate III in Community Services Work;
- Certificate I in Access to Work and Training;
- Certificate II in Agriculture;
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care;
- Certificate III in Carpentry;
- Diploma of Community Services Work.
Ms Baxter said enrolments for 2016 at TAFE Western are now being accepted and changes to eligibility for Smart and Skilled will make it easier to access courses next year.
“In some instances training will be fee-free,” Ms Baxter said. “Changes to Smart and Skilled will provide easier and more affordable access to quality education and training options for thousands of people in the central west,” she said.
“For school leavers, people considering a new career or those simply needing to brush up on their skills, there’s never been a better time to consider TAFE.”