TAFE Western has a stated vision: Delivering education and training that changes lives.
Our international partnerships and relationships are integral to fulfilling this vision, whether it is through collaborative partnerships with institutions around the world, the international exchange of students and ideas, on-shore and off-shore delivery of training courses or participation in networks with common goals.
The TAFE Western International Strategy and Implementation Plan has clear goals and aims that guide our direction in the international education market. Our international activities and projects align with the plan and address one or more of the follow strategies:
- The development of strategic partnerships to enhance global engagement and delivery of high-quality delivery of Transnational Education (TNE)
- Enhancing student satisfaction and academic success for TAFE Western students by integrating global perspectives
- Promoting staff engagement in international activities, and
- Continually striving to increase the global reach of Australian education, cement international relationships, and build economic growth from international activities
Although TAFE Western is relatively new to the international education market, we have made a strong impression over the last two years and built fruitful relationships that have had tangible outcomes for our students, staff, partners and stakeholders. In 2015 alone, TAFE Western sent 19 students on a two-week outbound study and cultural experience to China, formalised agreements with 10 educational institutions and specialist industry providers across Asia and North America, sent 11 staff on overseas assignments, and delivered two customised training packages in China with approximately 190 participants total. In a 12 month period of being operational in the international education market, TAFE Western is one of the fastest-growing Australian Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) with an international presence and focus on programs and delivery outside of Australian shores.
Each and every partnership, whether domestic or international, has been established on the basis of mutual respect, trust, values and goals, and each and every connection is important to TAFE Western.
- International Partners
- Products and Services
- Customised Training
- Study Tours
- Outbound Mobilty Program
Our current list of international partners includes:
- AustCham Shanghai
- Shanghai Vocational College of Science and Technology
- Wuxi International Child Care
- Jiangsu Agri-Animal Husbandry Vocational College (JSAHVC)
- Hunan University of Humanities Science and Technology
- Member of China International Federation of Vocational & Technical Education
- Centurion University of Technology and Management
- Catholic Sangji College
- International Culture Resource Organisation (ICRO)
- Politeknik Negeri Banjarmasin
- Politeknik Palu
- Politeknik Hasnur Banjarmasin
- Politeknik Negeri Samarinda
Products and Services
TAFE Western is proud to offer the following products and services to its international partners:
- Customised, accredited or non-accredited training packages
- Long- and short-term Study Tours to Australia for students, teachers and industry professionals, and
- Hosting partnerships for TAFE Western students traveling overseas under the TAFE Western Outbound Mobility Program
TAFE Western offers customised training packages that are specific to your needs. Whether you are seeking industry-specific training, English language, gap-training and/or upskilling for staff, product mapping or consultancy services, we do it all. Our flexible delivery modes which include face-to-face and online delivery both in Australia and/or your home country gives you the option to pick and choose the type of package that will be most effective for your organisation.
Customised training may take the form of: intensive industry-specific Master Classes of usually 5-10 days in length delivered in your home country; short- or long-term Study Tours to Australia which include non-accredited training components and cultural activities; online delivery of some or all non-accredited components, and more.
All TAFE Western teaching staff hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or higher, in compliance with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) Vet Quality Framework, as well as many years of industry experience, and more importantly, industry currency. By engaging staff that are up-to-date with the most current standards, skills, techniques and resources in their respective industries means we can protect the quality of service we provide to our clients.
Please be sure to review our case studies and news releases below to gain an understanding of breadth and depth of the emphasis and importance we place on strong international relationships and quality educational delivery.
To broaden the educational experience for international students, staff and employees, TAFE Western offers customisable, flexible Study Tours to Australia. Study Tours generally include some element of training whether that be a group of students in a classroom or workplace, or one of your educators shadowing our TAFE teachers to observe Australian teaching methods. The benefit of having students and employees undertake a Study Tour is the broadened understanding they develop for their respective industries as well as the personal growth one acquires from being immersed in a foreign culture.
To find out more about Study Tours or to discuss a Business Proposal, please contact email@example.com
TAFE Western’s Outbound Mobility Program
Each year, TAFE Western sends groups of students overseas to expand their knowledge and understanding of their respective industries in an international setting. Strong partnerships have been established across various industries with educational institutions and businesses in China, India, USA, and Korea. TAFE Western works closely with each partner to design a study program that will not only benefit our students, but have a positive and lasting impact on their own operations and staff.
In 2016, four programs are being offered across the Nursing, Welfare, Children’s Services and Business Management sectors, with all groups being sent to various locations in China. Our students are very excited by the opportunities arising from this Program and always return with positive stories about the friendships and skills they developed while attending our partner institutes or businesses.
We are always open to connecting with new partners that have an interest in hosting a group of TAFE Western students. Hosting does not involve any financial commitment on behalf of our partners, and the students also volunteer their time to study and learn under your guidance. Programs are usually two weeks in length, which fits well the Australian Vocational Education and Training calendar year, however longer visits are also negotiable.
For all enquiries about international partnerships, customised training or study tours, or partnering with TAFE Western in the Outbound Mobility Program please contact:
International Projects Officer
P +612 6393 5913
- International Partnerships Brochure (English)
- International Partnerships Brochure (Mandarin)
- International Engagement Postcard (English)
- International Engagement Postcard (Mandarin)
- Study Tour Postcard (English)
- Study Tour Postcard (Mandarin)
- Study Tour Postcard (Korean)
- Wuxi Master Class Success
- Childcare Partnership Delivers Great Results