We believe we offer the best choices for students leaving school and our students can achieve a better future. Here are some of the reasons why:
We have been chosen by the NSW Government to provide training. Our qualifications give you the skills you need to work in industry and can be used as stepping stones to your chosen career, further study, and part time work. We can help you get your first job, upskill or reskill.
When you study at TAFE Western:
- You can get a nationally recognised qualification with course options from Certificate II to Advanced Diploma courses - Full time, part time, short courses, trade training, compliance and licencing, recognition for prior learning
- You can can get practical skills and knowledge that employers will value - did you know that 86% of TAFE graduates move into employment on completion of a TAFE course. The right skills can help you get the right job
- Your TAFE course fees are more affordable than university
- You can study now and pay later with VET FEE-HELP
- You can choose to study when it suits you - through TAFE Western Connect you can study, online via our online learning platform, at home, or join a class
- You can talk to our career advisors for FREE advice on your future job options, or for help in choosing the right course to help you turn your passion into a career
- You can talk to our counsellors for FREE advice on any challenges you may be experiencing
- You can talk to our disability teacher consultants for advice on fee exemptions for students with a disability
Find out about course options in Get Skills For A Better Future.
Book an appointment with a career advisor, counsellor or disability teacher consultant online
Whatever your stage of education or career development, TAFE Western can provide you with valuable skills and we have pathways to help you achieve your goals. You may be:
- still at school
- leaving school, taking a gap year, and need training for your first job
- looking for additional skills to re-enter the workforce, change jobs or accelerate your career
- considering further study at TAFE for future studies at university
- wanting a short course to meet licensing and legislative requirements or to upgrade skills and knowledge
- looking to learn English to help you settle successfully in Australia
- wanting dedicated pathway to undertake Masters level studies.
If you are not sure what you would like to do, or what training you need, it is a good idea to carefully evaluate options to match your skills and interests to your career goals.
Our careers advice service is available to all TAFE Western students, at no cost, and our careers advisors can work with you to find the training, or the job that is right for you.
Pathways to Employment
What is your career going to look like? Choose from our Career areas to find out more about specific job opportunities and related courses.
TAFE Western is the specialist apprenticeship and trainee provider to many employers with over 1,500 apprentices and trainees being supported by TAFE Western across NSW.
Whatever your situation, TAFE Western can help you achieve your goals. The skills and knowledge you gain during your career and education are recognised and can be credited towards future studies and qualification.