TAFE Western Facts
Western Institute has 36,823 student enrolments who undertook 6,004,896 hours of training (Annual Student Hours).
Profile of Students
There were 6,959 Aboriginal student enrolments. Enrolments by Aboriginal students accounted for 18.9% of the Institute's student population, 29.19% of whom undertook training at Certificate III or above
Just over half the students (19,818) were male
2,576 students indicated that they were from a non-English Speaking Background
3,836 students indicated that they had a disability
- TAFE Western's Unit Completion Rate is 77.6%
- 18,169, or 49.34%, of TAFE Western's students completed the course they were enrolled in.
TAFE Western is proud to have received the following awards:
- NSW Premier's Award in the Revitalising Regional NSW in 2013 for the TAFE Western Connect Initiative
- Silver Status in the Sustainability Advantage Program
- Institute Innovation Award at the 2013 Gili Awards
- Quality Project of the Year at the TAFE NSW Excellence and Innovation Awards in 2012 for the TAFE Western Connect Initiative
- Institute Award at the 2012 NSW Gili Awards
- Finalist, Large Training Provider of the Year in the 2011 NSW Training Awards
- Institute Award at the 2011 NSW Gili Awards
- Project of the Year at the TAFE NSW Quality Awards in 2010 for the Aboriginal Health Worker training program
- Institute Award at the 2008 NSW Gili Awards
- Institute Award at the 2007 NSW Gili Awards
- Large Training Provider of the Year in the 2007 Australian Training Awards
- Large Training Provider of the Year in the 2007 NSW Training Awards
- Large Training Provider of the Year in the 2006 NSW Training Awards
TAFE Western is approved to deliver around 350 Nationally Recognised Qualifications and 69 State accredited courses.
TAFE Western specialises in offering the courses most need by the industries, communities and individuals in western NSW. For more details about the range of courses on offer visit course information.
TAFE Western is an Australian Registered Training Organisation and member of the TAFE NSW network of Institutes. TAFE NSW has the financial stability and support of the New South Wales Government and is a statutory authority established under State legislation.
More information is available in TAFE Western's Annual Reports.