TAFE Western offers an extensive range of study options and exciting career pathways. If you are not sure what you would like to do, or what training you need, it is a good idea to carefully evaluate options to match your skills and interests to your career goals.
Did you know that you can talk to someone at TAFE Western? Our careers advice service is available to all TAFE Western students, at no cost, and our careers advisors can work with you to find the training, or the job that is right for you. Call to make an appointment.
Below are some other things that you can do that might help you:
List your skills and interests
Ask yourself these questions and make a list:
- What am I good at?
- What interests me?
- What's important in my career (e.g. money, meaningful work)?
- What skills do I need to get where I want to go?
- Is there anything else to consider (e.g. time restraints)?
Consider your career options
Consider a range of occupations based on your interests and abilities by:
- talking to friends and family
- talking to employers and people who work in jobs that interest you
- talking to a TAFE Western counsellor
Evaluate which courses meet your goals
After deciding on the courses that meet your interests and career goals