Information for apprentices and trainees
Sometimes through your training you may need some help or advice. This section provides some helpful information and contacts.
Incentives and allowances
You may be eligible for help in reducing the cost of items such as tools. To find out more contact your local Apprenticeship Centre consultant directly, visit the Australian Apprenticeships website or phone the Australian Apprenticeships Hotline on 133 873.
Incentives for wage top ups or living away from home allowances may also be available. To find out more contact your local Apprenticeships Centre consultant directly, visit the Australian Apprenticeships website or phone the Australian Apprenticeships Hotline on 133 873.
You may be eligible for travel and/or accommodation allowances to attend training, to find out more phone the Australian Apprenticeships Hotline on 133 873.
Sometimes you need to change things. If you have to moved training organisations or altered your contract details, contact your local Apprenticeships Centre consultant. The contact details will be on your Training Contract. You can also contact the State Training Services for advice on 132 811.
Completing your apprenticeship
This is the exciting part. There are couple of steps to finalise your training and gain your qualification documents. On completion of your training your Training Provider (TAFE) will supply you with a Completion Certificate and Transcript. The State Training Services will send a letter to your employer asking for confirmation that you have completed your apprenticeship. A copy of your results and the letter signed by your employer will be returned to the State Training Services and if you have successfully completed the term of your apprenticeship and have been awarded the appropriate qualification by the Training Provider you will be issued with a Certificate of Proficiency.
If you need more advice, here are some useful contacts:
- Your local Apprenticeships Centre Consultant - the person who completed the Training Contract between you and your employer
- The Apprenticeships Hotline 133 873
- The Australian Apprenticeships Website
- The NSW State Training Services on 13 28 11
- TAFE NSW - Western Institute Contestable Training Unit by email or phone on 1300 720 840
- If you are experiencing conflict in the workplace that you are unable to resolve you should contact your Australian Apprenticeships Centre immediately